Samsung Galaxy S23 series users in the USA can now rejoice as the eagerly awaited One UI 6.0 beta 3 update is officially rolling out. This release comes on the heels of an accidental early launch, swiftly pulled by Samsung, creating a buzz among users about what to expect in the upcoming software update.
With the firmware version marked as S91xUSQU1ZWI8 and the incorporation of the September 2023 security patch, this update weighs in at approximately 1.3GB, promising a host of enhancements and fixes.
Among the notable improvements in the One UI 6.0 beta 3 update is the revamped video player layout. This redesign aims to make controls more accessible, ensuring a seamless and user-friendly experience. Additionally, the update introduces enhanced speed controls for the video player, allowing users to select from a range of playback speeds, from as low as 0.25x to as high as 2.0x.
The changelog for the update also highlights a series of fixes and enhancements across various aspects of the user interface:
- Resolving issues related to home screen crashes and freezes, improving overall stability.
- Addressing Bixby Call errors, ensuring smoother interactions with the virtual assistant.
- Fixing a problem that caused freezing when long-pressing the home screen, a common task for customizing the device.
- Rectifying an issue where selecting video mode in the Camera app would lead to app termination, enhancing the photography experience.
- Solving problems related to Samsung Pay, ensuring that swipe gestures work as intended.
- Correcting notification bar color errors that occurred when running apps in Samsung DeX mode, enhancing the aesthetics of multitasking.
- Fixing the "When you receive a message" Routine, making sure it functions as expected.
- Introducing manual settings for automatic restarts within the Device Care feature.
- Refining the shape of notification icons for text messages, improving visual consistency.
Despite these valuable enhancements, the One UI 6.0 beta 3 update does come with a few known issues, including limitations on installing the Kids app until mid-September. Users may also encounter minor glitches related to voice recognition and Google Assistant.
This eagerly awaited update is currently available in the USA, with a broader international rollout expected soon. Galaxy S23 users in countries such as Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, and the UK are eagerly anticipating their turn to experience the improvements and fixes offered by One UI 6.0 beta 3.