The Google Pixel 8 Pro is the company's flagship phone for 2023, and it brings a number of improvements over its predecessor, including:
- Updated camera system with a new ultrawide sensor and revamped optics for the main and telephoto cameras
- Super Actua display that can get as bright as 2400 nits
- New and improved Google Tensor G3 chipset
- Promise of 7 years of software support
- Unexpected design change with a flat display
- 6.7" LTPO OLED display, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1600 nits (HBM), 2400 nits (peak), 1344x2992px resolution
- Google Tensor G3 (4 nm) chipset
- 12GB of RAM
- 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB of storage
- Android 14 operating system
- 50MP main camera, 48MP ultrawide camera, 48MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom
- 10.5MP front-facing camera
- 5050mAh battery with 30W wired charging and 23W wireless charging
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Under-display fingerprint sensor
The Pixel 8 Pro's most notable improvements are in its camera system and display. The ultrawide camera now has a new, larger sensor, which should result in better image quality in low light and other challenging conditions. The main and telephoto cameras also have revamped optics, which should improve sharpness and contrast.
The Super Actua display is also a new addition to the Pixel 8 Pro. It's a brighter and more power-efficient display than the one found on the Pixel 7 Pro. It can also get as bright as 2400 nits in peak brightness mode, which is perfect for using your phone in direct sunlight.
The Pixel 8 Pro is also powered by a new and improved Google Tensor G3 chipset. This chipset is designed to be more efficient and powerful than the previous generation, and it should provide a noticeable performance boost for demanding tasks like gaming and video editing.
Another notable improvement is the promise of 7 years of software support. This means that the Pixel 8 Pro will receive Android updates for at least 7 years after its release date. This is much longer than the average Android phone, and it makes the Pixel 8 Pro a great choice for users who want to keep their phone for a long time.
The Pixel 8 Pro has a new design with a flat display. This is a departure from the curved displays that Google has used on its Pixel phones in recent years. The flat display gives the Pixel 8 Pro a more modern and minimalist look.
The Pixel 8 Pro is a well-rounded flagship phone with a great camera system, bright display, powerful chipset, and long-term software support. It's a great choice for users who want the best possible Android experience.